Portable Heart Monitor (ECG)
Our Bluetooth-enabled, portable ECG heart monitor shows your heart rate variability and overall cardiovascular health. We’ve chosen to partner with Contec for this FDA-approved, state-of-the-art smart device that makes it easy for you to manage your health at home.
Our dedicated Customer Support team is here to help you get set-up and use your device: (833) 647-0723.
Installing the “MyWellness Connect” App on Your Mobile Device
- Download the free Community Wellness “MyWellness Connect” app from the App Store (Apple devices) or Google Play (Android or Chrome OS devices).
- Make sure Bluetooth is set to “on” in the “Settings” menu on your smartphone.
- Open the app, and log in using the same email and password you used to create your Community Wellness account. You’re now ready to connect the device to the app.
Connecting the Portable Heart Monitor (ECG) to the App
- Make sure the batteries in the ECG are charged. (Connect the device to a computer or power adapter using a micro USB, included with the device.)
- Turn on the ECG by pressing the blue button for three (3) seconds to turn on the ECG. You’ll hear a beep and the screen will light up.
- Open the Community Wellness “MyWellness Connect” app.
- Tap the menu icon in the top left hand side of the home screen (Dashboard) and choose the “My Devices” menu item.
- Tap on “Add New.”
- The app will automatically find the ECG (“Contec PM10 Smart”) — tap on the image of the device.
- On the next screen, tap on “Add to My Devices.”
- You’ll now see the ECG listed on the “My Devices” screen.
How to record a measurement using the MyWellness Connect app.
Measuring & Recording Your Heart Rate
- Open the Community Wellness “MyWellness Connect” app. Make sure the Bluetooth on your phone is activated and you have an internet connection.
- Turn on the portable ECG as described above, and then hold the metal electrodes on either end of the device against your bare skin at one of the following pulse points:
- After start-up, the device has a short pre-sample phase for a few seconds. You’ll see the ECG waveform (orange in the pre-sample phase) and heart rate displayed on the screen as shown here:
- When the waveform becomes stable, it turns green, and the device will automatically take a formal sampling of your heart rate for 10 seconds. The sample countdown on the bottom right hand corner runs until the sample is complete.
- After the sample is complete, the ECG will enter into case review mode. You’ll see a summary of the results, which includes your heart rate and notable activity, along with the start time and date.
- As long as you hold the device to your pulse point throughout the case review process, it will automatically repeat the sampling process. (Your doctor will advise how many cycles to record at a time.)
- Tap the plus (+) icon, on the ECG listing on the home screen (Dashboard).
- When the reading (or readings) is (are) complete, it (they) will display on the app’s “New Measurement” screen. Tap on “Save” to record the measurement(s).
- The saved reading will automatically be displayed on the app’s home screen (Dashboard) with the last synced time below it.
- To view the history of your ECG readings, tap on the ECG listing on the home screen (Dashboard). You can view previous measurements by swiping up and down. Please read the full directions that come with the device for detailed instructions, including troubleshooting, battery replacement, precautions, and technical specifications.