Empowering Patients, Reducing Costs
At Community Wellness, we are at the forefront of integrating advanced remote patient monitoring (RPM) technologies into patient care. Our innovative approach is not just about embracing new technology; it’s about fundamentally enhancing the quality of life for our patients.
Key Statistics & Impacts
Improved Clinical Outcomes
- Studies show significant improvements in patient adherence to guideline-directed medical therapies. For instance, in heart failure patients, adherence to all four pillars of GDMT significantly improves clinical outcomes and quality of life.
- Among type 2 diabetes patients, 43% achieved their blood glucose goal after enrolling in RPM programs, indicating a positive impact on managing chronic conditions.
Reduction in Healthcare Costs
- RPM has been linked to a substantial decrease in total cost of care. For example, patients with heart failure, hypertension, and type 2 diabetes experienced a 51% decrease in their total cost of care, including the costs associated with RPM services.
- Emergency department visits and ambulance rides also saw reductions by 18% and 63% respectively, after six months of participation in RPM programs.
Increasing Adoption and Satisfaction
- The growing preference for RPM is evident, with 80% of Americans favoring its use, and nearly half are very favorable towards incorporating it into medical care.
- The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center reported over 90% patient satisfaction scores due to the provision of RPM equipment and tablets.
Financial Scalability and Accessibility
- By 2024, RPM services and tools are expected to reach 30 million U.S. patients.
- Medicare’s increased reimbursement for RPM to an average of $120 per patient per month underlines the growing recognition and financial support for these services.
- Telemonitoring aims at improving patient care through digitally transmitted health-related data, allowing for early detection of disease decompensation and intervention, patient education, and improved patient-physician relationships.
- A significant portion of the U.S. population, about 65%-70%, expressed willingness to participate in RPM programs for monitoring vital health parameters like blood pressure, heart rate, and blood sugar levels.
At Community Wellness, our commitment to leveraging RPM technologies is not just about improving clinical outcomes; it’s about making healthcare more accessible, affordable, and patient-centric. Our programs are designed to empower patients in their own health journeys, reduce the overall cost of care, and contribute to a healthier, happier community.